Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A song that I wrote, A story that I am telling...

In 2003, I wrote a song by the title ‘HE’. It is a Chinese Christian song where the content is about God is the one that is always there to help us and to console us when things in our life take unexpected turns. I am not so good in my music so I only got to do the lyrics of the song and passed it to another brother-in-Christ. He dint come up with any tune to it and the whole song was being shelved from then onwards. I dunno why God put the lyrics in my heart to come up with the song.

Until end of 2004, another brother-in-Christ got to the hype of writing Christian songs and then there was when I found the word document and printed out a copy for him to try. Within 2 weeks, he finished the tune and with the first brother-in-Christ, they fine tune the whole song. They did a recording of the song using only guitar for me to hear. I enjoyed the song a lot. I still dunno why God created this song and what is His purpose for the song.

In 2005, when I first began to teach in Dunman High, I got a form class that I treasured a lot. 2 Jateka. There are 36 of them and all of them are a gem to me. It was a time where both boys and gals co-exist in the same class – I was with TKGS before coming to Dunman High. You could have imagined my thrill and excitement when I am given the role of a form teacher for this class. I had a great time with those 36 little ones... then something happened to one of them. Her father passed away due to illness. I was shocked. I still remember that night before visiting her father in the hospital, I was praying hard for miracles to happen, and for the little soul to be strong in this midst of crisis. The next day, together with another teacher and a few close friends of her we went down. That was when her father’s situation took a worse turn.

Then the news that he had passed away.

I still remember her telling me that her daddy is going to learn the guitar together with her at the end of 2005 and that he has decided to station himself in Singapore and not fly so frequently due to work so that he can spend time with her. All of a sudden, everything vaporized in the thin air.

That night when I got the news I questioned God why and why and why. It was a time of struggling for my faith. I simply can’t understand why a God that is Love would remove love from a student of mine. And I start to ask how and how and how. How can I help? How will she live and face the world in future? How about the family?

I forgot to ask WHO.

And He reminded me WHO HE IS through the song that I wrote. I found the paper that had the lyrics on my table and really read the lyrics once more. And then I understand why God put such a song in my heart. I took 2 years to fully understand it. God has seen the future and place this song in the past to comfort the present. He prepared this song 2 years ago for her. The following is the translation of the song in English.

Who is the one that turns the night becomes day
Who is the one that turns the tears into joy
It’s Him, the Lord who created the heavens and earth
It’s Him, the Lord who is Alpha and Omega

Who is the one who lets the stars shine at night
Who is the one who nurture the earth with rain
It’s Him, the Lord who grant me life
It’s Him, the Lord who walks with me

In all crisis You are my comfort
When the flood comes You are my King
Though it is bitter but Your comfort is much more
Though the road is long I know who holds my hand

I shared this story to that batch of students in student camp 2005. How God has seen through time and prepares things for us long before creation. She was not there during the camp. She dint know about the sharing. This blog entry is for her… after another 3 years.

No comments: